Agriculture is the forefront of creating a sustainable future. We all need to eat, but the stakes for livelihoods, the environment and the future of the planet are high.
WHAT SETS US APART
In 2004, the Food Lab, a non-profit organization, was founded on the idea that long-lasting solutions require:
- Engagement from the private sector,
- Collaborative effort and
- Systems leadership. LEARN MORE about Systems Leadership
We approach our work without a specific solution in mind. Instead, we take complex problems to the “kitchen table” where food system players are able to:
- Speak candidly and roll up their sleeves,
- Create and test collaborative innovations,
- Adjust goals and approaches as we learn to reach to the most impactful results, and
- Implement solutions across food sectors or regions.
WHAT WE DO
- Conduct VALUES DRIVEN CONSULTING to develop and implement sustainability initiatives in smallholder and commodity food chains;
- Facilitate PRE-COMPETITIVE COLLABORATIONS to address large scale challenges across regions and sectors;
- Build and utilize TOOLS for quantifying impacts and implementing best practices; and
- Offer PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT through systems leadership training and events.
- Expertise in the nitty gritty as well as big picture framework of global food supply chains;
- Experienced in addressing tough problems and facilitating complex groups towards a shared vision, developing innovative solutions and implementing ideas on the ground,
- Track record managing initiatives from conception to implementation in regions and food chains around the world; and
- Connected to an impressive network of trusted partners including multinational food companies, international NGO’s and leading research institutions.