Turning Ideas into Action
The Sustainable Food Lab’s collaborative approach with diverse partners helps us facilitate solutions to complex problems. Through our experience, global network, and convening skills, we create safe spaces for honest and open dialogue, from which collaborations can take root and stakeholders can turn ideas into action. When challenges are too knotty for individual organizations to address by themselves, the Food Lab can bring together key players in sourcing regions, commodity systems, or across an industry sector. We bring a systems lens to building partnerships that work for long-term change.
- Living Income Community of Practice supports activities focused on improving small-scale farmer incomes and wellbeing.
- Sustainable Vanilla Initiative is a forum for companies to expand supply, stabilize quality and improve farmer income.
- The Trusted Advisor Partnership supports a network of crop advisors in North Dakota to spread soil health practices among their many farmer clients.
- The Cool Soil Initiative supports Australian farmers and downstream customers with a science-based measurement framework and technical support to improve soil health and lower emissions in broadacre cropping.
- The Scale Lab designs strategies for business alignment and investments to scale regenerative agriculture.
- Small Grains in the Corn Belt is a broad partnership to grow markets for rotation crops to improve soil health, water quality and resilient yields.
- Business Action on Food Loss & Waste identifies and implements high-leverage solutions to food loss and waste in smallholder farm supply chains.
- Climate Smart Agriculture helps climate-proof smallholder agriculture.