John Rogers from AB InBev and Charlotte Cawthorne from Innocent shared collective action initiatives—John in Guanajuato Mexico, and Charlotte in southern Spain.
John’s take-aways were:
- Get started.
- Share with others.
- Let go of preconceptions about solutions.
- Find local ownership.
- Get some quick wins while also working on long-term solutions.
Charlotte’s suggestions were:
- Do your homework up front, and know your stuff.
- Commit to a journey and accept that it will take time.
- Don’t do it alone.
- Share common goals, stick with them, and don’t keep changing.
- Organize your group with a workplan, regular calls, a neutral facilitator, clear communications, and farmer engagement.
- Get native, working with a local well-connected group.