The Food Lab helps organizations develop and implement sustainability in food supply chains around the world. Whether you are looking to draft a sustainability strategy or meet existing targets in a specific supply chain, we can provide expertise to help you reach your goals.
Our staff brings an expertise in design and implementation of row crop and livestock supply chain initiatives. We have worked across the globe with companies such as Mars Petcare in Australia and PepsiCo on corn and soybean rotations in the United States taking the approach that supply chain initiatives are successful at achieving sustainability goals such as improved soil health, water use, water quality, and reductions in GHGs, when they can also deliver value to farmers. As a result, we have seen consulting projects transform into broader, pre-competitive collaborations. The Food Lab also works with our members such as Starbucks and non-members such as King Arthur Flour to understand commodity and region specific sustainability risks and design strategic approaches to addressing concerns based on corporate values and mission.
Strategy Development & Design
- Clarifying goals in specific supply chains
- Scoping of the players, issues, and science
- Identifying gaps in the current system and developing action plans;
- Providing written recommendations for a roadmap to achieve goals
Implementation & Management
- Developing or using existing measurement tools to baseline key issues and measure impacts;
- Recruiting and engaging key partners to collect data, build and implement sustainability initiatives;
- Identifying incentives needed to stimulate short-term investments to reach long-term goals;
- Providing data synthesis for use in reporting; and
- Facilitating decision making and coordination among key partners.
To get started, contact us today.