Organizing safe, creative spaces for collaborations to take root and engaging implementation partners to turn ideas into action.
Our collaborative Initiatives approach problems pre-competitively and look at system-wide solutions. The broad perspective and diversity of partners helps solve intractable problems.
The Food Lab brings together actors in a specific food chain or region- often with seemingly different values or even competing goals- to create and implement solutions. Through our experience, extensive global networks and facilitation skills, we organize safe, creative spaces for collaborations to take root and engage implementation partners to turn ideas into action.
Join an Existing Collaboration
- Sustainable Vanilla Initiative aims to promote the long-term, stable supply of high quality, natural vanilla, produced in a socially, environmentally and economically sustainable way, benefitting all partners along the value chain.
- Small Grains in the Corn Belt works to grow high quality small grains to improve soil health in the US Midwest and beyond.
- Food Loss & Waste identifies and implements high leverage solutions to food loss and waste in smallholder farm supply chains.
- Living Income supports activities focused on improving smallholder incomes.
- The Cool Farm Alliance was founded by the Food Lab and now an independent non-profit organization that builds standardized industry-wide sustainable agriculture tools and methods.
- Climate Smart Agriculture is a journey toward climate proofing smallholder agriculture.
Start a New Collaboration
We are experts at building trusted partnerships, creating working relationships that foster innovative thinking and turning ideas into action.
To start a new pre-competitive collaboration in a food chain or sourcing region, contact [email protected]