Turning Ideas into Action
Our collaborative Initiatives approach problems pre-competitively and look at system-wide solutions. The broad perspective and diversity of partners helps solve intractable problems. We organize and host safe, creative spaces for collaborations to take root and engage implementation partners to turn ideas into action.
The Food Lab brings together actors in a specific food chain or region- often with seemingly different values or even competing goals- to create and implement solutions. Through our experience, extensive global networks and facilitation skills, we organize safe, creative spaces for collaborations to take root and engage implementation partners to turn ideas into action.
- Sustainable Vanilla Initiative is a forum for companies to expand supply, stabilize quality, and improve farmer income.
- The Scale Lab is designing strategies for business alignment and investments to scale regenerative agriculture.
- Small Grains in the Corn Belt is a broad partnership to grow markets for rotation crops in order to improve soil health, water quality, and resilient yields.
- Food Loss & Waste identifies and implements high leverage solutions to food loss and waste in smallholder farm supply chains.
- Living Income supports activities focused on improving smallholder incomes.
- The Cool Farm Alliance was founded by the Food Lab and now an independent non-profit organization that builds standardized industry-wide sustainable agriculture tools and methods.
- Climate Smart Agriculture is a journey toward climate proofing smallholder agriculture.
Start a New Collaboration
We are experts at building trusted partnerships, creating working relationships that foster innovative thinking and turning ideas into action.
To start a new pre-competitive collaboration in a food chain or sourcing region, contact [email protected]