As we prepare for the Cool Farm Alliance’s 2016 Annual General Meeting, we are also looking back to reflect on several notable achievements marked in 2015. Specifically, the Alliance:
- Was announced winner of the hotly-contested ‘Practice with Science’ Award
- Added new software features including data aggregation and a more flexible fertilizer interface allowing users to customize the NPK ratios of their fertilizers in calculating the on-farm GHG emissions
- Integrated biodiversity for Northwest Europe into the online GHG tool (available to members starting later this month)
- Completed design and scientific development of the water metric (phase 1 and 2)
- Added three new members: Wageningen University, CLM and WWF
- Initiated a joint project with Wageningen, Aberdeen and CLM to update and improve the livestock module.
- Supported the Gold Standard Foundation in their latest Agricultural development: the Cool Farm Methodology
The Cool Farm Alliance is a not-for-profit platform serving as a consensus builder for the industry. Members join to contribute to and benefit from shared solutions for simple, robust, and standard methods to quantify and improve sustainable agriculture in supply chains.
The Cool Farm Alliances’ growing membership includes many of the world’s leading food and beverage, companies, input providers, NGOs, and academic institutions.
The Alliance’s Annual General Meeting is fast approaching. It will be held on March 17-18 at University of Oxford in the U.K. This will be an opportunity to meet Cool Farm Alliance members, get up to date on the latest developments for the Cool Farm Tool, and discuss plans for the future. There’s been a great response so far with about 60 people registered
For non-members the event begins with drinks and dinner on 17th March, followed by the full day of meetings on 18th. If you are interested in attending please get in touch with Daniella Malin. Space is limited.
The flagship project of the Cool Farm Alliance is the Cool Farm Tool, which was created to facilitate climate change mitigation in agricultural supply chains. The Cool Farm Tool is a globally relevant sustainable agriculture calculator used by thousands of farmers supplying global markets in over 60 countries. The tool is simple to use yet scientifically robust in the complex arena of carbon accounting. In order to tackle other critical on-farm sustainability requirements, the Alliance is now adding additional metrics to the Cool Farm Tool, starting with water and biodiversity.
Merci beaucoup pour ce sujet